Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - my mix!
First post...

Trying to get back into the game after being out of the audio world for 10+ yrs.

Please feel free to comment, we're all in here to get better!

Some notes:
- Replaced kick, snare and toms... the kick sample was pretty much unusable and the toms were distorted. I wanted a punchier snare too. Kept the OH's, but I may go back in and tweak them because there's a couple of snare hits that don't perfectly line up. Don't have a drum replacement plugin so I did it all by hand. That was fun.
- Pulled the vocal in the "bridge" section, just cuz I like it better without.
- I think the loop might be a bit too big, when the drums come back they seem kinda small in comparison. Might fix that.
- This is unmastered, and monitored in a shitty room... so take that for what it's worth! There IS some bus compression and EQ, but I didn't want to crush it, at least not with the plugs that I have access to at the moment.

Might post a second mix, I'll come back to this one after I do the other two by Actions.

Cheers! Big Grin

B.

.mp3    Devils_Words_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

I also just realized my OH's were panned backwards. Ooops! Tongue
Not bad!! but i think your mix is asking for more power! the balance is ok but i can't "touch" the drums, they should smash listener's face, especially on this kind of music!

I'd like to hear the guitar more present and opened.

Vocals are ok, maybe a bit more reverb/delay for my ears could be better, but that's just my opinion Smile

Waiting for your next mix!

Check out mine Smile

Greetings,
EleKtroFR.
EleKtroFR Productions - Music Producer & Mastering Engineer (aspirant)
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/elektro-fr