Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (almost finished) mix - Feedback anyone?
I recently bought a pair of KRK monitors, which were a HUGE upgrade over my previous VSonic in-ears... And this the first Proper mix I've done on them!

FX-wise, I only got a slap delay on the vocals, I still need to put some reverb on everything to make it more "live"
And I haven't done any automation, so it might be a bit boring and not so consistent... I need to automate not just the volume, but the snare gate as well...

Just a Compressor, a C6 and a limiter on the Master, nothing else...

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: It seems like the MP3 I uploaded got corrupt or something... So here's a Dropbox link to a WAV: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2782...elilah.wav
Not a fan of your 2nd guitar tone, it sounds flabby. Got a little low mid build up. Balance is generally pretty good. Organ solo can come up a lot. Make sure you reference in genre professional mixes.
By 2nd you mean the one panned to the Right? I can't recall which one's which, there's been quite a bit of time since I went through the song...
As for the Low mid build-up, I think it's got to do with the EQing I did... I can definitely hear it!
I'll have to agree with the organ solo having to come up, but like I said, I haven't done any automation Wink

It generally needs quite a bit of work... Can't really say it's one of my best mixes...
Thanks for the feedback Smile