Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me Baby (Mixed by: Robin Jansen) FEEDBACK PLEASE :)!
I know it has been a while back since we covered this song, but I still would love to have some feedback on this song.
So please feel free to reply on this thread about my mix of "Talk to me Baby". Some extra information; I have not used
any samples on this song. I took it as a challenge (especially the kick) to make it sound good. And with the proper gate
settings I think it worked out.

Waiting for your replies!

Regards,

Robin Jansen

.mp3    Talk To Me Baby.mp3 --  (Download: 4.31 MB)

Anything guys! I am waiting for your replies Smile! Bad and good stuff, shoot Wink!!
Really nice. Good balance across the spectrum. My only comments would be I think the snare attack is a bit too prominent in the earlier quiet stages of the song. Also I think the acoustic guitar is a bit buried esp. the top end above 1khz which think could be brought out a bit. Something I often do with acoustic gtrs is compress only the higher frequencies with a multiband to add a bit of sustain and air. Overall very enjoyable to listenSmile
Thank you Nos! I agree on the points you made, I will take a look at it Wink! I had used a C4 multiband compressor, but i think i was a little too friendly on the threshold haha. Thanks for your feedback!
Overall a pretty good mix ... so just a few points.
Snare a bit too old for me and the lead guitar accents a bit too quiet.
Drums are a bit 'flat' and lack some life - maybe it just needs a little reverb.
Vocals sound great, but get a but buried with the big section of background vocals.
I found that the song sounded great in the quiet stages, but lost some balance later in the song from 1:50 and more so from 2:20.
I'm listening through Bose noise cancelling headphones.
Hope this helps ... Perry

Thank you Perry! Those are some helpfull comments. I will take a look at it Wink!

Robin