Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.S.Bach's 'Jesu bleibet meine Freude
Mix it based on hunches,maybe it is too pop.I like Bach,the melody is beautiful.

.mp3    RENEWbach.mp3 --  (Download: 7.03 MB)

Don't know what you mean by pop. I get the feeling there is too much compression. That might be why the vox sound like they are behind a door. Other than the subdued vox I like the balance.
Quality nice. Classical stuff can be really tricky. It's often a really a fine line between leaving things alone and going with the natural sounds that are there and sweetening things just a bit in certain places. Nice job on the reverb too. It sounds natural without being able to hear the boxiness that often accompanies the decay of most reveb plugins.

My biggest complaint is that you don't have a true soundscape of how an orchestra (albeit a small orchestra) would be laid out. Your levels are great, and maybe your vox are compressed a little too much, but the honesty of the panning is the greatest sin, IMO. You have a sort of mirror image going on, kind of like the pop styling you were talking about (in conjunction with your compressed vox).

Don't think this is a bad attempt, however, because I feel like your levels as well as your room sound, are really solid (maybe winds could come down just a tad, or strings up a bit? [I know, I'm wishy washy]).

Draper
(08-07-2015, 03:44 AM)loweche6 Wrote: My biggest complaint is that you don't have a true soundscape of how an orchestra (albeit a small orchestra) would be laid out. Your levels are great, and maybe your vox are compressed a little too much, but the honesty of the panning is the greatest sin, IMO. You have a sort of mirror image going on, kind of like the pop styling you were talking about (in conjunction with your compressed vox).

Don't think this is a bad attempt, however, because I feel like your levels as well as your room sound, are really solid (maybe winds could come down just a tad, or strings up a bit? [I know, I'm wishy washy]).

Draper
Thanks for your comments. However,I'm sorry I can't catch the point(My biggest complaint is that you don't have a true soundscape of how an orchestra would be laid out. )Do you meaning that I did't put instruments in place?
Yes that is what I mean. The Panning might be there, but for some reason, I just don't "see" the orchestras positions. I hear the instruments, but it is difficult to pinpoint where they are coming from for me. You don't want too much separation as that it sounds disjointed, but I just don't get a sense of "seeing the group with my ears." I hope I've cleared up what I meant a little bit!
(08-07-2015, 06:25 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Yes that is what I mean. The Panning might be there, but for some reason, I just don't "see" the orchestras positions. I hear the instruments, but it is difficult to pinpoint where they are coming from for me. You don't want too much separation as that it sounds disjointed, but I just don't get a sense of "seeing the group with my ears." I hope I've cleared up what I meant a little bit!

I get it,thanks for your advice.