Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ptalbot,set me free 2018 mix redone
lovin all the tracks ptalbot is producing,very talented guy,anyway here is my mix please leave HONEST reviews.thanks

.mp3    PTALBOT SET ME FREE.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

.mp3    PTALBOT SET ME FREE v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.08 MB)

.mp3    PTalbot Set Ne free 2018 mix.redone.mp3 --  (Download: 10.94 MB)

Thanks for the kind words Cudjoe, glad you like the songs! Smile
Some things I like in your mix are: the bass treatment, good presence on that, it's driving the song so it has to be there... the vocal is sounding fine as well, not too sibilant but not muffled either, the horns are nice too, and the snare is sounding great.
The rhodes could have a bit more definition, it's a bit muddy right now, I'd try to cut some of the low-mids and add some air to it.
The kick is huge though and taking a lot of headroom and muddying up everything when it comes.
The first guitar that acts as counterpoint to the vocal is a bit loud. And the lead guitar is definitely too loud. I would review the levels of the guitars in general in your mix.
Good first attempt though. Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK REVIEW I MADE A FEW ADJUSTMENTS IN V2,PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS
This one sounds better balanced to me Cudjoe! Nice job. Smile
Only thing that could be improved I think is the sound of the toms, they are a bit dull and boomy right now. I suppose a little EQ to cut some low-mid junk should be enough to enhance them a little bit.
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thanks again iam glad you like it,keep the good tracks coming. Cudjoe
Hi!
Great mix. I really like it. Everything is really working with each other.
There are some little things I would consider:
1. Work a little more with panning. The volume faders are ok in this song, but a little more RCL panning would clear the mix.
2. Add tiny bit of reverb/delay on the drums or even on the whole mix, because it sounds a bit dry. But just a bit.
3. Bright the mix up. Some hi end saturation or exciter on the whole mix would probably do the trick.
4. Cut a bit of mud on the master channel. Probably a 3db cut somewhere around 400 Hz would do the trick (so many tricks, you'll become a magician soon Big Grin ).

Again great job your doing a lot of progress!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
P.S.: Great song ptalbot. You're making really good music Smile
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
(15-02-2015, 09:31 PM)mixingafterhours Wrote: P.S.: Great song ptalbot. You're making really good music Smile

Thanks man! It's not really mainstream, but I don't care! Wink

Some air moved here
(08-02-2015, 07:19 PM)ptalbot Wrote: This one sounds better balanced to me Cudjoe! Nice job. Smile
Only thing that could be improved I think is the sound of the toms, they are a bit dull and boomy right now. I suppose a little EQ to cut some low-mid junk should be enough to enhance them a little bit.

hi ptalbot i have cleaned up the boominess on the toms,and a few adjustments hope you like it.

.mp3    PTALBOT SET ME FREE v3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

Thanks for the update Cudjoe, sounds good to me! Smile

Some air moved here