Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
sEa oF lEaves - fHumblemIx
I really enjoyed mixing this track - It was well performed and had a great energy. I originally downloaded it to do a quick mix to test some new stuff, but it came together really nicely, so I just revisited it to put some finishing touches on it... how's it sounding?

.mp3    Sea Of Leaves_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Sounding great to me, plenty of beef, good vocs and gtr/synth blend too. Hard to fault, nice one mate.
(09-02-2015, 05:47 AM)manuke Wrote: Sounding great to me, plenty of beef, good vocs and gtr/synth blend too. Hard to fault, nice one mate.

Thanks manuke - glad you liked it.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Your mix sounds magnificent man. I really like the drum sound especially, they're so big and full but don't get in the way of anything. I wouldn't change anything about the mix at all! What did you use to mix the track out of curiosity. Cheers mate.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(25-04-2015, 12:21 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Your mix sounds magnificent man. I really like the drum sound especially, they're so big and full but don't get in the way of anything. I wouldn't change anything about the mix at all! What did you use to mix the track out of curiosity. Cheers mate.

Thanks DCP!... Not sure what you mean when you say "What did I use?"...anyway here's the basics:

DAW was Reaper, plugins were a variety of paid and standard Reaper plugs. My interface is an M-Audio Projectmix IO. Monitors are Yamaha HS50Ms with HS10 sub.
(25-04-2015, 01:39 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: [quote='dcp10200' pid='32711' dateline='1429960903']
Your mix sounds magnificent man. I really like the drum sound especially, they're so big and full but don't get in the way of anything. I wouldn't change anything about the mix at all! What did you use to mix the track out of curiosity. Cheers mate.

Thanks DCP!... Not sure what you mean when you say "What did I use?"...anyway here's the basics:

DAW was Reaper, plugins were a variety of paid and standard Reaper plugs. My interface is an M-Audio Projectmix IO. Monitors are Yamaha HS50Ms with HS10 sub

I meant what monitors and Daw you used. Also nice set up, I'm kinda limited in my set up as I'm mixing in my bedroom most of the time and its too small for my monitors ( Yorkville YSM 6s). I use an Avid Mbox Mini that I needed to run pro tools 8 with at recording school but I plan on upgrading to a Focusrite scarlett as my interface. As I mentioned my main mixing headphones are a Pair of AKG K240 MKII headphones and I reference my mixes on a pair of koss porta pros, my parents component system and a pair of OEM Samusng earbuds that came with a prepaid phone. (the earbuds are actually not bad sounding, not quite like NS 10s but close enough for government work Tongue)
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I recognize your trademark drums and bass sound fHumble! So punchy and clear.
You mix is awesome, of course! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(26-04-2015, 04:18 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: I meant what monitors and Daw you used. Also nice set up, I'm kinda limited in my set up as I'm mixing in my bedroom most of the time and its too small for my monitors ( Yorkville YSM 6s). I use an Avid Mbox Mini that I needed to run pro tools 8 with at recording school but I plan on upgrading to a Focusrite scarlett as my interface. As I mentioned my main mixing headphones are a Pair of AKG K240 MKII headphones and I reference my mixes on a pair of koss porta pros, my parents component system and a pair of OEM Samusng earbuds that came with a prepaid phone. (the earbuds are actually not bad sounding, not quite like NS 10s but close enough for government work Tongue)

Sounds like you're making it work for you. In home recording land, it's very difficult to get an ideal setup - mine certainly isn't. Getting to know your room & your monitors & referencing are powerful weapons nonetheless. Keep it up!
(26-04-2015, 06:24 PM)ptalbot Wrote: I recognize your trademark drums and bass sound fHumble! So punchy and clear.
You mix is awesome, of course! Smile

Thanks Pat!
Great mix.. Very clean and nasty at the same time.. Smile
A start, before I can stop..