Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telefunken-Uncle dad- who I am
Hi This is my first post to This site, btw this site is so useful and awesome!

Some feedback,critique, or simply some opinion would be very welcome,and appreciated, thanks Wink

Best regards

.mp3    Telefunken-Uncle Dad mixed by Tib moozes(Tibor Mihalca)(FIXED).mp3 --  (Download: 7.13 MB)

Hello! Welcome to the forum! I hope you will enjoy mixing and discussing here! At first I would like to thank you again for your kind words about my mix. Now as far as your mix is concerned, I think you have done an amazing job. Your overall sound is pretty good especially now that is your first mix!! Some things I really liked are your overall balance and your lead vocals! The verses sound very good and the only thing I would like to hear clearer is the snare. You could try to raise up the fader for some dbs and boost a little the middle area around 1-2 kHz in order to separate it more from other instruments. On the other hand, the choruses sound a little harsh in the high end. I think the problem is between your snare and the overheads. In my opinion you should cut some dbs(2-3) from your overheads and put a high cut to the snare around the 8-9kHz, or lower the level of the bottom snare a lot. Furthermore I would like to add some mids to the snare on the chorus. Try a couple of dbs on the 2.5kHz and on 125Hz. Thats what I hear on my monitors. Again I think you have done an amazing job and I am waiting to hear your new mixes!! Big Grin
Thank you for the feedback ,man youre completely right in everything, so I,ve revisited the mix and tweaked some ,check it out not they are not enormous improvements ,because i'm still looking for too many answers (why i move a frequency, influence the whole mix in a wrong way ,but what should I adjust instead ,what should I focus on ,because every single factor affects the path to achieve a final mix ,so on so forth, I believe everyone of us struggles with these factors) but I hope even if is a minor improvement at least ,it leads me to a better next mix, because I believe that at some point we have to let go ,otherwise ,we would chase the perfect mix on a single song an entire life( i have a tendency to do that Smile)) thanks for your feedback again ,hope we can share more knowledge, and wisdom in the future thanks again! (Y)
I couldn't listen to the first mix, but this one is pretty good. The instruments are well separated and it sounds very natural to me. So good work!
mixing since April 2013
Hey!! I listen a huge improvement here!! Congratulations!!! Now I can hear every instrument very clearly! Pretty good job really! To my opinion if you want to make it even better you can lower the level of the bottom snare some dbs (around 3dbs), cut 1-2db on the low-mids on the snare track and add some 3kHz and 5kHz (try 4-5 dB on 3kHz and 2dB to 5kHz). These changes will make your snare in the choruses sound less boxy and more punchy and clear! Smile
thank you guys I'm on it but not this week,... too many problems fell on me i,ll be back soon thank you for help! (Y)