Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band - Good Time
Hello!

That's my mix for Louis cressy band - Good time.

Hope you enjoy it.

Please rate it and comment.

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - Good Time (mix two).mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

Not much wrong with this mix. Good visual representation of the sound field. I also like the dynamics. I would guess you do a lot of live sound?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-02-2015, 02:50 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not much wrong with this mix. Good visual representation of the sound field. I also like the dynamics. I would guess you do a lot of live sound?

Hi Mixinthecloud.
Yes I Do! Big Grin why?
I do too so it was recognizable to me. I like your mix a lot. Can I ask what you mixed this with and what kind of monitors you used?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-02-2015, 03:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I do too so it was recognizable to me. I like your mix a lot.

Thanks! Smile
Can I ask what you mixed this with and what kind of monitors you used?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Sure you can!

Well, I use logic pro with all the native plugins (compressor, eq, reverb and delay).
The monitors are my weak point, cause their sound is not really flat. The pre amp is all right, but the speakers (passive) are not so great. I miss some deep bass. and they're are also a lot boosted around the 150hz. They're hand made by me. I'm sorry I can't tell you the brand of the speakers, because, to be honest, I don't have a clue. They're recycled from some old monitors, so you can imagine...:/ Anyway, this is my first DIY attempt. It's not gonna be the last, for sure.
Well either your doing a good job of compensating aurally or the monitors are working pretty well. I mix on Dell Desktop monitors! I also have a good pair of ancient bookshelf speakers (ROR Visonic David) I use to listen at higher levels. They can actually punch.

What is your experience with live digital mixers?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Well, I can tell you that as soon as I bounce my mix, I go for another listening with other monitors (pc speakers, laptop speakers, tv home theater) or earphones...

I have good experience with the soundcraft SI expression.
The convergence of live, broadcast and studio capabilities into single devices is beginning to pervade, I think. You would be hard pressed to hear the difference between tracks recorded through a studio console (SSL or Neve) or a Soundcraft, Yamaha, PreSonus, Midas, Allen & Heath.

Have you tried using the SI as a controller for your DAW?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]