Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix on Hey Delilah
Any comment welcomed

.mp3    Hey Delilah.mp3 --  (Download: 13.44 MB)

I like the studio feel you got, but I feel like there is some energy from the guitar you're missing . . . maybe I'm crazy. Maybe the whole mix is lacking in just a touch of low mids? Multiple instruments sound a little thin at parts (not horribly offensive, but the vocal sounds a little too carved in the mids for my taste [but that could be a master eq thing]). The guitar solo could be automated up, I think. Aside from that, I like how it sounds. Nice balance and panning.

Cheers
Draper
i completely disagree with you in everything Tongue
Thanks for you comments though..
Yeah, listening now on a different source, so do I. Wtf was going on when I listened? Sorry about that, I'm going to go check and make sure everything is okay with my playback.

Cheers!
Yep ... like it.
Nice: vocals nice and up front with plenty of presence for a live recording. Kick and bass ride nicely together - actually drums sound great. I like the keys and love the width on the guitars.
Picky: I'd like bit more tambourine in the first half, maybe a touch more reverb or slap on the vocals, but just a bit. Fraction more meat on the snare, it just smacks a little for me. Maybe a little more lead guitar and centered during the lead break.

Man I'm being picky here ... it's a great mix. Listening on my HD650's. Rockin ...

Thanks for the comments guys, i agree with the vocals sounds too dry to me too, maybe some mono slap or something would be giving it a good vibe..
I am not very pleased with my vocal sound, so i would say i would change a bunch of things if i was on that still!Many eq changes and some snare automation.
Hi

why would you thin out the snare. i think we could have done with a fatter snare. also i feel the vocals could come in the front a bit.
i think you have hi passed a lot of instruments(gtrs in particular) and only the bass guitar is taking the low area which is acting as a disconnect. if that makes sense.
a bit more work on the bass could have made it tighter .it sounds a bit flabby.

Regards,
Blue Bus.
Thanks for your listen, though i disagree, guitars if they have any high pass it would be way down maximum at 50 hz 12db per octave..
Tha snare is as big as it gets and the vocals are pretty upfront..
Last bad not least is a rock song , bass should have dynamics…again my taste and my music references..