Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Word - Stickman Mix
Hey Guys,

first of all i have to say: Drums are not well recorded.

So, that's what i could to with that recordings. Very hard to mix!!!

Cheers, Eric

.mp3    Devils Words_master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

.mp3    Devils Words_masterV2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

True,this song, as well as the others they provided are a true challenge. I re-listened to my mix of this song last week, and yeah, those were done long ago when I knew even less than I know now but boy, so hard....

Verses are nice and open in you mix nice brightness too, but the chorus, the guitars it very hard and drown out the vocals. I do like the way they sound though.
(30-01-2015, 12:36 AM)whoosh Wrote: True,this song, as well as the others they provided are a true challenge. I re-listened to my mix of this song last week, and yeah, those were done long ago when I knew even less than I know now but boy, so hard....

Verses are nice and open in you mix nice brightness too, but the chorus, the guitars it very hard and drown out the vocals. I do like the way they sound though.

Hey whoosh,

thanks a lot for your feedback. You're absolutly right, the vocals are too quiet in the chorus. I tried to fix that with the verion 2
You did change the drums though, personally, I liked the ones in version 1 Smile
Yes, i've replaced the snare, toms and add some room via superior drummer. But as you say, its an matter of personal taste. Did you an mixed version of that song? I would like to heare it. :-)
Definitely, that is what makes each mix unique. I really enjoy hearing how different people work with each song and give it their own little things. I will try and do a mix of this song today, I did one a long time ago but it's really bad Smile
I think this song in general was recorded with the highs accentuated too much. I think your highs need to be tamed a touch. Especially in the overheads. Maybe a tad more snare? (commenting on V2). I like how your levels sit (except those damn cymbals). Nice job!

Draper