Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Contraband_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Smile

Great musicians. Great tune! This was FUN to mix. Tracks were well recorded. There were some tracks with printed effects on them, which I endeavored to minimize, so that I could add the effects I wanted on those tracks, etc. This song cried out for: Loud, mean, clear, punchy, low-endy, crisp, etc. Hopefully I achieved all that. It is a high energy song....loved it!

Questions/comments welcomed.

Tommy

.mp3    Contraband_4_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 17.65 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
I really like this mix, Very clean. I think you achieved what you set out to do.
Thanks,
Nelson Ortiz
Mix/Mastering Engineer
NEXT HIT Productions
(25-01-2015, 04:49 AM)NoslenZitro Wrote: I really like this mix, Very clean. I think you achieved what you set out to do.

Nelson Ortiz, thanks much for the props...glad you liked the mix. :-)

Tom
Loved this mix! To my ear there's too much low end and lacks a bit of horns, but it's only my humble opinion (I'm just learning XD)

Listen to my mix and tell me what you think!

Thanks! Keep it up!
(17-05-2016, 12:29 PM)churruperas Wrote: Loved this mix! To my ear there's too much low end and lacks a bit of horns, but it's only my humble opinion (I'm just learning XD)

Listen to my mix and tell me what you think!

Thanks! Keep it up!

--------------------
churruperas, you are exactly right. My mix has way too much low end. I think that is why you think the horns are getting a bit lost. I must have been mixing for too long a period without letting my ears rest. I am ashamed of my own mix after listening to it again. Sheeeeshhh. If I get the time I will go back in and correct that because the rest of the mix is good and will work well if I tame down that horrible low end. I listened to your mix.....go to it....that's where I left my comments. Thanks, Tom

Hi! Smile Nice music, nice mix!
It seems the drums and percussion too sharp in mix. Not for this tuneHuh
Cheers!