Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phre The Eon - Everybody's Falling Apart Juanra Ortiz's Mix
Here is my mix.
This was a very fun song to mix.
I felt the arragment need some work. I'm supposing the producer is giving me green light to be creative with it. I ended up with the chorus last, because it was to catchy to let it play only 2 times. With Reaper regions feature and some editing this is very easy to achive.
I also play with the position of some track to give the song more punch and grown in the timeline.
I did not use any drums sample in this one.
Some guitars resonance needed some notch filters and time editing to be align to the drums and bass. I use some tube saturation with them too.
I only use the DI sound of the bass and split it in 3 bands to get that funky sound with each one processed different.
I use a lot of automation in this one. A lot of pan, volumen and sends to FXs.
I open a little more the "fake" room of the drums in the chorus. Same with the delays and reverbs for vocals and guitars.
Hope you like it. Feel free to comment.

.mp3    Phre The Eon - Everybody\'s Falling Apart Final Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.
Hello Juanra. I just want to say this is a great job in my opinion.

Listening to the way you handled the guitar solo in particular, I really felt like you captured the essence of the 80's guitar pop bands. Your delay setting and tone tweaks there were perfection for me!

If there is any downside at all to your mix, it seems to lack a little in the bottom end. Bass guitar sounds too hi-passed. By contrast Mike Seniors 'Mix Rescue' mix seemed overdone in the bottom, and the bass had too much influence. Even though the bass playing is great I feel the guitar solo should be featured the way you have done it.

So once again, great work and thanks for shining some light on this one for me.
Thank you electricladyLAN
Glad you like the mix.
I believe I did a hp cut @ 36Hz in the bass. I will check it out and tweak a little to get a deep low end. I will upload as version 2.0.
I will check your mixes too.
Greetings.
Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.