Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back home to blue
Hey everyone,

I'm in school to become an audio engineer, and I gave this song a try. I really love the open sound I created, and think the mix is quite good. I would love some feedback from you so I can keep learning.

.mp3    back home to blue.mp3 --  (Download: 9.38 MB)

I really like the crispness you achieved with the guitars. At times it sounds almost chorusey, but I think it works well for this song.
If anything because of the extra definition you gave to the guitars, the drums sounds a bit tiny in comparison.
I think if you could try to bring up the snare and kick a bit it would be just right.
Cool mix! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(21-01-2015, 07:19 PM)ptalbot Wrote: I really like the crispness you achieved with the guitars. At times it sounds almost chorusey, but I think it works well for this song.
If anything because of the extra definition you gave to the guitars, the drums sounds a bit tiny in comparison.
I think if you could try to bring up the snare and kick a bit it would be just right.
Cool mix! Smile

Thanks for your feedback! I'll try to play around with that a little Smile

Hello! I have to agree with ptalbot. I like very much your smooth sound and especially the guitars! To my opinion your only minor thing apart from the power on your kick and snare is that in the choruses your vocals(lead and backing) are too loud!! Nothing less, and nothing more. Good Job!!
This may be just my taste, but I feel like the vocals are just a bit too dry. A smidge more reverb could go a long way.