Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Roses - Mixing Practice 1
Solid mix you've got goin on. A couple objective things I notice: I feel the drums are just a tad too set back in the mix volume wise. If I'm understanding your approach correctly, you're wanting the drums to not be a focal point, however the low end of the kick is the only main rhythmic element my ears are picking up on. Second, and I found I had to compensate while mixing this myself, is when the female vox come in, they are markedly louder than the male vox, and its a bit jarring. additionally, the loudness of her vox is causing a sucking effect on your stereo buss compressor, making everything sound momentarily smaller. Lastly, it sounds like there is a hall verb that's getting used by multiple instruments, and the high end of it kind of jumps out a bit on certain acoustic guitar strums and drum hits. I only point this out because it was a bit distracting to me while listening. other than that, a nicely done job for your first practice of mixing someone else's music! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Dead Roses - Mixing Practice 1 - by jessecarl - 21-01-2015, 07:39 AM
RE: Dead Roses - Mixing Practice 1 - by 20000 Hz Under The Sea - 27-03-2015, 07:45 PM