Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiago Alves - I'm alright
hello, this is my first post and my first mix after a few months of study, I would like to have feedback from you.

.mp3    I\'m alright.mp3 --  (Download: 2.77 MB)

Now with a little more snare and backing vocals appear. Please to post your opinions on the mix ...

.mp3    I\'m alright - mix.mp3 --  (Download: 2.77 MB)

Howdy,

I am new-ish at this as well so my choice of technical aspects will be pretty bad. Take this all with a huge grain of salt.

Something about the vocals sounds detached, maybe too loud? Is there an effect causing it?

The mix is crystal clear, everything is present but somehow the low end seems slightly lacking over all. Maybe a BBE on the master track would help?

Another consideration, the chorus is wonderfully defined in this song. Bring the volume up on it by around 2db and tapered in and out of it.

There is also a lot of soloing and performance nuances, bass fills, percussion solo, both acoustic and electric solos. Bring them up or lower the backing slightly. Let them shine. It will add a dynamic - a spice to the mix.
Hey Tiago,

first thing that I notice in your mix is the lack of bottom end. Bring the bass guitar up a bit, and experiment with the kick and bass to get a nice balance.
Now I know that the big thing in mixing right now is to put a high pass filter on everything but you might want to listen to the tracks first and see if they need it, you need the bottom end to move the air around Wink

The other big problem in the mix is the big emphasis on the mids and higher mids (especially in the vocal). The tracks are really nicely recorded and don't need a lot to sound good.
Try using a reference mix, it help a good amount.

Hope this helps you.