Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Head Todd & The Monsters - Hey Delilah
OK, have to say, this wasn't easy Smile but fun nonetheless. I like the tune, a lot, and hope I did it justice. I have quite a bit of compression going on, more than I think I've ever used on a live track to be honest. Not quite sure whether I like it this way so I'm pretty curious about your opinions!

edit: new version, with a bass less prominent!

.mp3    Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Hey Delilah.mp3 --  (Download: 11.94 MB)

.mp3    Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Hey Delilah 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.94 MB)

Hi whoosh,

The bass is too loud in my opinion. Vocals are great, balance is good, strong drum presence. We can feel the global reverb which is well dosed out.

So very good job here !
Thanks! Yeah, the bas is too overpowering indeed. I'll have another go Smile
Hey Woosh. Nice mix. The bass is only a tad loud for me. But don't overcompensate on the next mix ... that's where the balls of the song is. Really like the lead vocals. You've done a great job there. For me the feature instrument is the Hammond. I reckon you've nailed that. Drums sound great. Got it cranked on my HD650 headphones. Rockin' out. Real nice job.
(23-01-2015, 02:25 PM)Third Party Wrote: Hey Woosh. Nice mix. The bass is only a tad loud for me. But don't overcompensate on the next mix ... that's where the balls of the song is. Really like the lead vocals. You've done a great job there. For me the feature instrument is the Hammond. I reckon you've nailed that. Drums sound great. Got it cranked on my HD650 headphones. Rockin' out. Real nice job.

Thanks! Much appreciated, I'll keep a closer ear on the bass next time, I do agree, it's what drives a song, might be a bit too low now. Glad you like it, and... great headphone, I use the same one Smile
Yeah I love the HD650's for when I'm working late in my office. I have a new set of Presonus Sceptre S8 monitors for the studio, but haven't really set them up properly yet. They reckon that they'll expose the flaws in my mixes.

Perry
I love them too. I do have a pair of Yamaha HS8's but unfortunately I rarely get to use them. Heard nice things about the S8's too.