Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Bright - HB Mix
Abandoned this project a couple of times but having listened to some mixes posted on the forum I felt inspired to finish it off....

Like most people, I found the verse fun to mix (drums, bass, rhodes, clean vox) and a bit reminiscent of Portishead/Massive Attack. The chorus however was a real struggle as the source material didn't seem obviously "chorusy" to me......trying to create a balanced spectrum and an acceptable Vox performance was a real challenge but I'm pretty happy in the end.

I'm sure there's still obvious problems but I've been going around in ever decreasing circles with this one so time to post it up.

.mp3    Too Bright_HB Mix_01a.mp3 --  (Download: 10.5 MB)

Just the act of posting version 1 has helped me think how I'd like to re-shape this mix. Nothing major but little things have grabbed my attention....fine tuning balance of some sections, some EQ here and there plus some adjustments to the FX balance
Hi!

I think you have to re-look at the choir, it don't cut trough.... I know it could be a struggle to mix it but for me was easy (maybe because I'm a lot into the genre): try to make the kick be the bass part of the spectrum and the synt dubstep more in the hi frequency spectrum, also try paralallel comp on kick and on snare to make them more in your face sound...now vox in the choir is really predominant.

All best

Jacques Moretti
Hey Jacques....thx for listening and for your comments. Some good ideas there...if i go back in I'll use them for sure.