Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A reason to leave Flymix
Here I leave my mix this nice theme. Hope you guys like.
criticisms and suggestions will be welcome

from Argentina
Sergio

.mp3    A reason to leave.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

I find the vocals way too loud! They don't seem to be part of the song, it gives a karaoke feeling. The lower vocal is much too loud as well, it should be farther away and just supporting the lead, more felt than heard IMHO.
The drums are very far, and there's a lack of punch in the chorus, probably because of the vocals being so up front that everything sounds tiny.
I think if you were lowering the levels of the vocals and putting the instruments closer this would work a lot better...
Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thank you very much for your concepts Patrick, I'll do a review of what you wrote.
is the most important review yours.
on the part of jazz is fine snare or volume is too low ?? I seemed like it was very low volume. is one of my biggest questions your song.
a hug

Sergio
It's probably too low, yes. For example the toms are a lot bigger. You should try to play with the close mics to bring it up.
And make sure the chorus punches! Smile
Honestly, I think my mix (which is provided) is pretty good, so you should try and reference that to find a better balance...
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here