Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiment
For once I posted an already "mastered" track and not a wip.

Just all original tracks with the exception of one dropped drum room.

I felt like sculpting sounds last night, so...
- Experimented a little bit with some multi-delay techniques inspired by youtube from Pensado, on vox and flute.
- quite some shaping compression and transient design on everything.
- summed hot levels on d-box and even more compression on mastering afterwards.

Excluding the multi-delay thingy that was my experiment of the day, I was after that Sheeran voice that my daughter is so fond of this week. :-)
Pretty boring ride, but it's the composer fault, not mine...

Quickly done in a couple of hours so maybe not so detailed vol balance (nearly nothing is automated).

cheers

.mp3    TOM 01.01.M01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.03 MB)

.mp3    TOM 01.02.M01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.03 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
Cool mix Lammy I like it ,My daughters also love Ed Sheeran .He does have a lovely voice and a great reference.
There isn't much you can do with the ride cymbal Bleed, one challenge I have when recording drums besides controlling drum and room resonances is to keep the the ride,cymbals and hi hat bleeding under control through the Mic's especially the overheads and room mics using different mic's and placement.
I'm missing some bottom end maybe touch compressed I, Don't think I could make mix sounding as good in Just a couple of Hours Big Grin.
(15-01-2015, 10:05 AM)thedon Wrote: Cool mix Lammy I like it ,My daughters also love Ed Sheeran .He does have a lovely voice and a great reference.
There isn't much you can do with the ride cymbal Bleed, one challenge I have when recording drums besides controlling drum and room resonances is to keep the the ride,cymbals and hi hat bleeding under control through the Mic's especially the overheads and room mics using different mic's and placement.
I'm missing some bottom end maybe touch compressed I, Don't think I could make mix sounding as good in Just a couple of Hours Big Grin.

thanks thedon for the feedback.
I'll try do do something on the cymbals, that I believe possible in terms of compression and eq, it's just the execution is quite precise on the ride and the song arrangement is very precisely boring on that.
I agree on the bottom end energy. I've eq-ed at mastering stage those two/three bass fundamentals but maybe a tad too much.
In a few days I'll review the mix.
cheers
from Switzerland
One more bounce (in first post 01.02.M01) done with some tonal and level adjustments.
No more on this song.
cheers
from Switzerland