Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea of leaves Mix
Hi. I'm a student of Korea.
Sorry, but i'm not well English.
But I can read and understand english very slowly.
Please comment your review.

Thanks for listenning

.mp3    Sea of Leaves_Mixed By Tog.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

is it too much bass?
Yes, the bass sounds wrong - most of the rest sounds good, but the bass is too high in the mix, and it sounds like you've cut off off the mid and high frequency sounds from it - needs some mids to cut through and work nicely with the guitars. At the moment, it kind of sounds like the bass is in the house next door...
안녕하세요 ㅎㅎ 여기서 한국분 만나니 반갑네요~ ! ㅎㅎ
The balances in the mix are quite good - I can hear all the elements really clearly. Dynamically, everything is held in place pretty well too.

The most improvement could be achieved by using high pass filtering and reductive eq to clear out the unwanted low & low-mid elements that are crowding the low end of the mix and making it sound quite muddy & muffled. Try high passing all the non-bass heavy elements (guitars, synths & vocals) as high as you can.

Even some of the drum elements can benefit from high passing. The drums and guitars need a lot of attention in the 200-500hz area to get rid of the boxiness and muddiness that is building up in the mix. Boosting and sweeping with eq to find those nasty sounding areas is a good way to identify what to cut.

Hope that helps!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases