Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Lolita' - Star Hotel Mix (EL mix)
30-01-2013, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 12:28 AM by electricladyLAN.)
'Lolita' - Star Hotel Mix (EL mix)
Here's the mix I did mid 2012, when the multitrack was released by Weathervane. This was also posted on GearSlutz.

This was mixed to sound like a live performance in an Aussie pub, with typical reverb length, and vocals just about buried = )... Imagine you're standing at the bar, beer in hand.

I put it up for contrast, enjoy.

Hamish

.mp3   purling hiss star hotel mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

Need mixing?
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/membe...a=userpage
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: 'Lolita' - Star Hotel Mix (EL mix)
(30-01-2013 03:58 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote:  Here's the mix I did mid 2012, when the multitrack was released by Weathervane. This was also posted on GearSlutz.

This was mixed to sound like a live performance in an Aussie pub, with typical reverb length, and vocals just about buried = )... Imagine you're standing at the bar, beer in hand.

I put it up for contrast, enjoy.

Hamish

Enjoyed this but sorry, if it's the Star Hotel Mix where's the sound of smashing glass, blokes punching each other in the head, stuff being broken and maybe a loud, screechy drunk girl abusing somebody. That's what it was like whenever I used to go there in the 80's.
Small world indeed. I'm Wallsend born and bred, been in Sydney for 20+ years now though. G'day!
23-06-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: 'Lolita' - Star Hotel Mix (EL mix)
(22-06-2013 05:00 PM)manuke Wrote:  Enjoyed this but sorry, if it's the Star Hotel Mix where's the sound of smashing glass, blokes punching each other in the head, stuff being broken and maybe a loud, screechy drunk girl abusing somebody. That's what it was like whenever I used to go there in the 80's.
Small world indeed. I'm Wallsend born and bred, been in Sydney for 20+ years now though. G'day!

Ha ha! Exactly!! I'm from Adelaide really, and it would have been the 'Tivoli Hotel' mix (same foley sounds apply Confused) if my wifes work hadn't taken us to Newey.

I have never heard a band in the 'Star', but arrived in june 2012 in a week of pouring rain. Took the kids sightseeing around town, looking for this aussie icon, before finding it all boarded up just 2 doors down from the hotel we were staying in. Just oozes seedy rock character.

Hey - if you put up a Lolita mix, please put up your remix too - it's just gut wrenchingly good imo.

Hamish

Need mixing?
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/membe...a=userpage

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: