Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who I Am (by hariel)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website, and I'd like to get some feedback on the mix I made yesterday.

The snare drum was the biggest challenge for me, something wasn't right with that. But I tried my best to get a decent sound out of it.

Any opinion and/or input is welcome, please be honest, thanks. Smile

Regards,
Ariel

.mp3    who i am master2 (1).mp3 --  (Download: 5.61 MB)

Ok so here are my two cents.. Im no expert but in my opinion the vocals need a high end boost. the snare has punch but there something there making it soung hollow and it could also use some high end eqing. Also the overall track has too much low end. maybe you could go instrument by instrument and by trial and error here where it needs less low end

besides what our friend Ricks2006 said which is partly true(or entirely anyone decides subjectively) ,...it has a quite solid stereo image an balance as well ,it is most likely that the voice is little dull and the whatever of the stings instrument has some resonant frequencies that are poking through a little ,......try more referencing even inside your own daw with professional reference mixes, I can tell you that referencing is life savior!! good luck!