Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Childress: 'Slow Down' Mix
tell me what you think about my mix !!

.mp3    Slow Down Master 2015.mp3 --  (Download: 7.32 MB)

This is so one of the best mixes I found in this forum. It's pretty transparent and reverb/room information is on a decent level.

What I would do different:
- bass guitar seems to change panorama position and is too roomy. Try a pretty dry signal that's positioned in the middle. Maybe the room/hall track is the cause of this problem. I had to adapt the panning of the individual sides and use a decent amount high pass filter. The bass guitar as is looses its function as giving the fundamental tone.
- kick drum could use a little less reverb, too, at least in the intro, it also has a resonance you should remove
- i can hardly hear the piano - honestly said many other mix downs have a pretty low piano level. I see it like this: the piano supplies the harmonic fundament of the song, whereas the rhythm guitar mainly adds a rhythmic component to the song. This is why I would give more weight to the piano.
- backing vocals are panned to the same position. Though it's not necessary or it won't even work to spread them over the whole stereo panorama, they sound more natural, if you space them a bit apart.