Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise half dubby mix
Think it's a bit too wet for my tastes, but overall I think it sounds intense, up-front and great.

It's surely been mastered!? Wink
What do you mean by being mastered? Do you think it lacks in level or something?
Keep in mind that its hard to have a loud bass and high rms levels without making the bass distort in a farty way. And i went for a more retro vibe than a super hyped modern mix.

It has some limiting and maybe a compressor on the master bus i dont remember if i used a compressor in this mix, i usually do. I master as i mix. its a pseudo mastering, not a proper master.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Yup, nice mix, apart from the stuff that's already been mentioned. Make the bass bigger!
Cool mix. I like the bass.. sits real nice. I love the processing on the lead vocal.. It's perfect IMO. As a matter of fact I'd be interested to know what reverb/delay/settings you used. The organ had a little too much delay for me.. or maybe it was just too loud. Thought the piano was a touch too loud as well. Kick sat well. Good stuff.

Check out my version if you get a chance, thanks. http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=8236

Chris
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
I used echoboy for the vocal delay.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.