Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Delilah
Hi.

My first live mix.

Feel free to comment. Thanks.

.mp3    Hey Delilah MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.4 MB)

Hi Kimmo,

In find the reverb too bright and too much loud. It's like all instruments and voices are lost somewhere in the room. It's pretty aggressive.
The bass could have more definition. Did you use a low cut on the guitars ?

Otherwise it's fine for me.

I do agree on the reverb, balance seems quite nice, but the reverb takes away quite a bit of impact. I really enjoy the backing vocals, and the guitars sound great too.
To me the whole mix sound like it was a live recording with a hand held recorder , " reverb too bright and too much loud " : )
Couple of other things to consider:

- have a listen to some reference mixes of a similar style while mixing. It sounds like you've piled on a bit too much treble in general, on tambourine and vox especially, which might be because your system is a little dull in the trebles so you've boosted stuff to compensate. Or it might just be that you've piled on the treble to make it sound "exciting" and it's got out of hand - I've been there myself plenty of times Smile

- also maybe slow the attack time on the snare compressor, the initial attack sounds squashed. Might sound better if just a bit more of the initial transient gets through. Overheads and snare could use a bit less treble as well.

Overall though it's a good balance, I reckon with some treble reduction and less reverb it could sound really sweet.
Thank you so much for your comments.
Now that I listen to my mix, I think you're all right about reverb and brightness of it.

Next one is betterTongue
What they said...
A good start however.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]