Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Devil's Words. Tell me what you guys think!
No resampling i kept everything original. its just a piece but still... Let me know what you think about this mix!

Check out my last mix guys (with resampling )(action - devils words)

.mp3    DT4.mp3 --  (Download: 1.49 MB)

.mp3    Actions - Devils words.mp3 --  (Download: 5.49 MB)

I can see the argument for giving the toms additional prominence in the balance at 0:22-0:33 and other spots, but you've emphasised their LF resonance to the point where it sounds rather odd, and overwhelms the mix's low mids whenever they play. This is especially the case given that the kick itself feels rather lightweight in terms of real lows, and I'd have put in a sample to bail you out here.

Overall the effects feels a bit much for me, yet the mix still doesn't quite blend convincingly, which is usually an indication to me of too much medium/long reverb, and not enough tepo-delays and short ambience. Apart from anything, longer reverbs tend to distance the whole sound, and this is pop/rock, where the general idea is to shove everything as far up the listener's nose as you can get it! Smile With the drums, I'd also be inclined to try to make more use of the natural overheads sound, in order that you rely less on reverb to fill out the close-miked instruments -- that tends to date most drum sounds back to the early 90s.