Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caboney - I'm Alright
Hey everyone!

I'm new here and this is the first time uploading a mix that I've done.
Please give me some thoughts on the resultSmile

I've only mixed in my ATH50 headphones so I have no idea how it sounds on different monitors and stuff, but I hope it sound alright!

Skål! (Cheers) As we say in Sweden Wink

.mp3    I\'m Allright Final Mix 1 - Caboney.mp3 --  (Download: 4.65 MB)

.mp3    Caboney - I\'m Alright Final mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.65 MB)

Just realized that it needs more bass and kickdrum. the whole low end is too weak. I'll fix that tomorrow

-Edit-
Uploaded the new version. More bassguitar and some minor changes on the kick
Very good stuff! Vocals are a bit much on the verb for my taste but not by much. Just in the chorus they sound a tad too echoey. Drums sound awesome.
Thanks for the feedbackSmile I put alot of effort on the snare, had a hard time to get some punch and make it prominent. I started with compressing the shit out of it but ended up with like no compression at all. Just on the drumbus and some limiting on the mastertrack.
I put a pretty "big" delay on the backvox and a big reverb just to try it out. I'm relativley new on mixing and havn't got control of all the details yet, so I'm experimenting very much with diffrent approaches on the mixes that I'm doing to se what I like the mostSmile
So all the feedback I can get is worth very much!
Skål!Smile
Hey Man, nice mix!
But i would say (thats only my taste) the song needs some slighly tweaks. Try to bring out the vocals a bit and i give them a bit more presence. For the Mastering-Process, try to bring up the high end just a bit, to get more clearness.

But apart from that, great job.

Cheers!
P.S. take a look at my attempt of that song :-)
(30-12-2014, 08:58 AM)Stickman Wrote: Hey Man, nice mix!
But i would say (thats only my taste) the song needs some slighly tweaks. Try to bring out the vocals a bit and i give them a bit more presence. For the Mastering-Process, try to bring up the high end just a bit, to get more clearness.

But apart from that, great job.

Cheers!
P.S. take a look at my attempt of that song :-)

Thanks for the inputSmile
Do you have any tips on how to give the vocals more presence? I parallel compressed them and some eq, verb and and some delay. But Is there anything else? I wonder if some distortion could bring som clarity. I mean, not like that you hear distortion on the voice but just to give it some colour. What did you do with your vox?

I also agree with the high end to get some clearness.

I listened to your mix and it sounds greatSmile
Skål!
Hey Caboney,

what i would to do at first is to look whether an instrument is working in the same frequency range as the vocals are acting.

The second step i would do is to sweep through the upper frequency range with just one narrow eq band (high Q around 4 or 5), to find the best frequency thats brings out the vocals just a bit, so that they are more present but not detached from the whole mix.

Sorry man, if there some english mistakes.

Cheers!
Thanx for the input Stickman. I Can agree, now when I have been listening on som other system than my headphones that i could eq the voice a bit and cut some in the other instrument so that the voice comes out a little clearer. And maybe do something to the little solopart in the beginning. It feels like its a little too much dynamics in it.

English is my second lanuage aswell so I understandSmile

Skål!