Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it one down alot more to go the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume

.mp3    ul-mix bobbynobody.mp3 --  (Download: 3.21 MB)

Very Nice. I really like the vocal treatment and the level of the lead vocal vs the BGVs. The guitar sounds great.
I find myself looking for more snap out the snare, but maybe that's just me.
The vibe reminds me of 311, so maybe that's why I want more snap from the snare.

Please don't take that to be critical -This mix is very good.
hi ,i didnt knew 311 before so i see what you meen im glad you like it thanks .
Another very assured mix, this, and it's good to hear a smoother and more laid-back version of this tune than the one I did for Mix Rescue. In a sense, this is a better preview of what's actually on the multitrack than my mix is, given that I did quite a bit of editing and added that new piano part.

It's also interesting that you've chosen to use all the ad lib and backing vocal tracks pretty much as is, because the band supplied those more as raw material, rather than as a pre-packaged vocal arrangement. On one level I have to say I quite like hearing them all again, but on balance I do still think being a bit more selective with them might actually serve the music better in terms of connecting the lead vocal more directly with the listener.

By leaving the guitars generally more understated, you've focused attention on the drums and lead vocal, which isn't a bad move at all, and (as usual with your mixes it seems) I like a lot of the sounds you've created in general. The effects use is again assured and effective, and you managed to envelope the whole production with a kind of warm blanket, without washing anything out or distancing anything unduly -- all good.

The main fly in the ointment as far as I'm concerned is the main chorus guitar sound, which not only has a sound that seems too soft and pillowy to support the drums and vocals there, but also appears to have some kind of 'outside the speakers' stereo widener effect on it which destroys the part in mono. Those tracks were the biggest problem I had with this mix, though, so I can understand if you were scratching your head with them too!
hi mike thanks on the review Smile
.i liked the bh vocals and it give life to the track ,gives its own Perspective of the song so i left them wich i do alot being a musicion i like to help the artist say what he can and still be audible and right,its there call i jast need to make space for evry one to be in and not feel its crouded,i hope im doing it ,in the firts play some one will hear the main vocal and the next thay will hear the "splash of the water" and on one they hear the explantion on the words of leed vocal.... as long its nice im liking it Smile.