Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Long Wait - Back Home to Blue
Here is my attempt. I was looking for song like this to mix, but I didn't expect that it will be so hard. Dark sound, some intonation issues. What do you think?

.mp3    the long wait_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.36 MB)

.mp3    the long wait_v3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

too loud the guitars, hh too harsh. back voices volume too low.
too much stereo,no need.
I agree with harshness, but it is total issue in my mix, not only hi hat. The rest of remarks, hmm - it is matter of taste I guess, Mix automation could help, because this one in totally staticSmile
Thank you for feedback.
Yeah, thinking your overheads might be too loud, hihat and ride cymbal are the most upfront parts of your mix, which shouldn't be the case. And rimshot needs to come down but think the rest of the mix is handled really well, like your voc and gtr sounds.
Thank you very much for your feedback Manuke. In the mean time I will try to implement your suggestions.
I haven't tried his one yet just having a listen in mono on my Auratone on and I like it .
I agree with the other comments the hi hat and snare rim sound could come down touch would like to hear more top end splash on the snare Big Grin
Good Job
(01-01-2015, 11:34 AM)thedon Wrote: I haven't tried his one yet just having a listen in mono on my Auratone on and I like it .
I agree with the other comments the hi hat and snare rim sound could come down touch would like to hear more top end splash on the snare Big Grin
Good Job

Thank you thedon for feedback.
Another attempt. I know, still plenty to do but I was looking for better overall sonics, so one step back with loudness and fixed some harshness issues. What do you think right now?

.mp3    the long wait_v3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

Hello! I think that v3 is just fine!! I like it very much! Nothing is wrong to my taste!! Nice mix man!!
(28-01-2015, 03:48 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello! I think that v3 is just fine!! I like it very much! Nothing is wrong to my taste!! Nice mix man!!

Thank you for a kind wordsSmile