Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words mix
Lemme know what y'all think...thanks for listening!

.mp3    devils words emw mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

A nice sense of power and excitement here, but it strikes me is that the mix generally sounds a bit too thick in the low midrange and rather clouded, without much really definition, especially on the vocals. My initial suggestions here would be a more rigorous regime of high-pass filtering and some EQ in your effects returns. However, the crux of the matter is that the guitars and vocals are fighting for the 100-300Hz zone, so you'll almost certainly have to thin either or both of those out to get things a bit clearer. Try monitoring the mix without the drums, and then punch the bass in and out with its mute button. Some 200-300Hz cut on that channel might help too.

Are you putting a reverb tail on the guitars? It sounds a bit as if you are, and if so, then I'd probably substitute delays for the reverbs, as that'll prevent them from washing out the stereo image.

One more thing: your stereo image feels left-heavy in the intro to me -- it's something that always bugs me a bit, but some others don't mind that kind of thing. I'd be tempted to fake a double-track for some of those guitar parts to balance things out maybe.
Thank you Mike for your suggestions! I will be working those things out and re posting at some point in the near future...