Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What child is this
Now it is Xmas time and I mixed a xmas song. Does it sound good or not, tell me. Critics are welcome.

.mp3    xmas.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

Needs more piano in the intro (and overall, I think.) The delay on the vocals is interesting but be careful that it doesn't overpower the source track. This may actually be a good place to apply some automation on the return fader. It sounds like it might be a piece that will do with central phrases getting more delay than others or having it come in a little more on the tails. The background VOX tracks should come up a point or two maybe.

Aside from the balance questions, I find nothing wrong with this mix. It's very tastefully done. Nice work!
Old West Audio
(21-12-2014, 09:30 PM)azwayne Wrote: Needs more piano in the intro (and overall, I think.) The delay on the vocals is interesting but be careful that it doesn't overpower the source track. This may actually be a good place to apply some automation on the return fader. It sounds like it might be a piece that will do with central phrases getting more delay than others or having it come in a little more on the tails. The background VOX tracks should come up a point or two maybe.

Aside from the balance questions, I find nothing wrong with this mix. It's very tastefully done. Nice work!

So, less delay, more piano ,guitar in center and louder back vocals. I understood, thx for feedback.
Is it better now ?

.mp3    king of kings.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)