Poll: High hats too bright?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hi Hats too bright
50.00%
2 50.00%
Hi Hats not too bright
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Shore(ly You Can't Be Serious)
I like this one. Fun track, get to drench some things in verb. . . if that don't make you happy, nothin' will.

Draper

*edit* Poll, are my hi-hats too bright?

.mp3    ShoreMasterEQ.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

Interesting mix, like what you've done but maybe lacking in the bottom end a bit? Cool effects on the drum odubs too. Don't think the hats are too bright.
Hi lowche6, this mix sounds great! I might try removing some of the reverb on the snare, it kind of sounds like clapping hands but I think it sounds more like the tail of reverb. Maybe just some eq on the snare would do it. Overall I think it sounds excellent!

Cheers
Eastwood
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.
Actually, that clap sound was "intentional." I was playing around with my verb, and found that sound. I liked it, so i kept it! Thanks for listening, and giving your thoughts and compliments!

Draper
(28-01-2015, 08:33 AM)manuke Wrote: Interesting mix, like what you've done but maybe lacking in the bottom end a bit? Cool effects on the drum odubs too. Don't think the hats are too bright.

Thanks man, I agree it could be a little light on the low end. I have to fight myself from thumping the ass end of my songs. Thanks for the listen, and thoughts manuke!

Draper
Thought I'd polish her back up. Improvement?

.mp3    ShoreMasterEQ2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

So, realized that I had the vox way too hot.

.mp3    ShoreMasterEQ4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

I don't think the hats were originally too bright but maybe too loud overall. I kind of struggled to get the hats to blend in with the rest because they're much louder than the cymbal in the overhead track and I didn't want to automate the overhead as it would affect the rest of the drum sound too :/
Overall I think it's a great mix