Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band - "Good Time"
My version for you to critique....

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - %22Good Time%22.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

If anything, maybe the dry snare could be brought up a touch? Maybe the vocals are a touch too loud at some points, and maybe the solo could come up a hair. . . However, you had me groovin', so I'd say you did the job! Nice work!

Draper
Hi mixmaster
Cool version I like it !
I agree with Draper also maybe a touch more top end presence on the snare and if you are using compression on the snare a slower attack for touch more front end smack .
I love the sound of the guitar in the intro it sounds really good sounds just a tough loud through the verses on my monitors also ,the vocals sounds a touch just upfront compared with the music
Can hear A touch of mid bass frequency build up with the electric, vocals, kick and bass between 90 and 200 hz area the kick has a lot of energy around 40hz Big Grin
Cheers !
loweche6 and thedon, thank you so much for listening to my mix. I am extremely flattered!

Based on both of your suggestions, I did the following:

1. Snare: Increased the attack time to get more bite out of the transient hit.
At around 2Khz I notched out -3db on one snare track, while adding +3 on the other

2. Vocals: Took the fader down a touch.
Less makeup gain on the compression.

3. Guitar: Panned the clean guitars a little to the left and right, to try to fix the competing instruments
Automated the lead guitar +4db around 5Khz to add presence

Thanks again for your kind words. I think this recording lends itself to be mixed easier than other recordings.

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - %22Good Time%22 Remix2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

(17-12-2014, 10:12 AM)Mixmasterwannabe Wrote: loweche6 and thedon, thank you so much for listening to my mix. I am extremely flattered!

Based on both of your suggestions, I did the following:

1. Snare: Increased the attack time to get more bite out of the transient hit.
At around 2Khz I notched out -3db on one snare track, while adding +3 on the other

2. Vocals: Took the fader down a touch.
Less makeup gain on the compression.

3. Guitar: Panned the clean guitars a little to the left and right, to try to fix the competing instruments
Automated the lead guitar +4db around 5Khz to add presence

Thanks again for your kind words. I think this recording lends itself to be mixed easier than other recordings.

Good work Sounds much better , listening on my mono auratone at the moment the electric guitar sounds like it could come down even a couple more decibels Big Grin
thedon;

Took your advice and attenuated the guitars, and even the vocals a bit more.

Thank you for your feedback.

.mp3    Louis Cressy bnd - Good Time5.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

300/400hz is getting some build up and maybe some broad Pultec cut/boosts would definitely clean it up but not cause thinness. Those low mid bass harmonics can cause your kick to be lost at times so try experimenting with some more subtractive eq on both and create a pocket for the kick in the lower register. The vocal is dry and I know a lot of people like that upfront/intimate feel but some wetness on the vocal always allows it to sit with the band better even if its just a small room setting with a quick decay. That's just my opinion though. Solid work. Keep it up!