Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
behringer mix
hej, i did this mix using the cheapest equipment and a lot of a/b reference. can anybody please try my mix on a good system and then give me some advice?

.mp3    AB_Angel.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

The engineer matters more than the equipment, remember!

I think there's a tad too much bass guitar here. Maybe a little too much rhythm guitar as well. Check the vocals at the transitions also. The instruments need to give way to the vocals when they come back in at that bridge or you'll lose that first syllable or two in the noise. More vocals overall might be in order, while I'm thinking about it. They also feel very dry. That could just because I'm having trouble pulling them out of the mix but I'm thinking they need a little more reverb regardless.

Its a good start. Keep it up!
Old West Audio
(16-12-2014, 05:39 AM)azwayne Wrote: The engineer matters more than the equipment, remember!

I think there's a tad too much bass guitar here. Maybe a little too much rhythm guitar as well. Check the vocals at the transitions also. The instruments need to give way to the vocals when they come back in at that bridge or you'll lose that first syllable or two in the noise. More vocals overall might be in order, while I'm thinking about it. They also feel very dry. That could just because I'm having trouble pulling them out of the mix but I'm thinking they need a little more reverb regardless.

Its a good start. Keep it up!

thanks for your reply. Yes, the rhythm guitar seems to need more panning and maybe a bit more reverb. would you rather use automation or side-chain-compression to get the vocals more present? Or is it just the overall volume?
I think that this is one of better mixes of this song I heard. I would mix drums from audience perspective, lower the bass about 4 dB and bring more air on vocals. Also I would pan things wide. Good job.
(22-12-2014, 07:35 PM)Obelix Wrote: I think that this is one of better mixes of this song I heard. I would mix drums from audience perspective, lower the bass about 4 dB and bring more air on vocals. Also I would pan things wide. Good job.

Thank you! Any idea how to solve the problem, that I don't hear that much of the low-bass on my MS16. Maybe an Analyzer?