Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
It was my fault for waiting M`RAY MIX
Hello everyone,
I just recently discovered this site and first would like to express what a wonderful place this is!
My first contribution is this mix and I would be very happy to get some feedback from you nice people.
Cheers, M´Ray

.mp3    It was my fault for waiting 01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.51 MB)

Hi M'Ray! I like your mix particulary the the power in the drums(snare sound really good). The break at 0:48 is really nice too. Everything sit well togheter. I'm not sure of the reverb on your Hi-Gtr in the chorus. I think it's cover your mix too much. But it's the only thing that I didn't like in your mix.

I mixed this song too and I would be very happy to get your feedback on my mix too Smile

Keep it up! Good Job!
Dom
Sweet lord.. Our mixes are kinda similar Wink

Good job.. slick mix !
(14-12-2014, 04:20 AM)dom418 Wrote: Hi M'Ray! I like your mix particulary the the power in the drums(snare sound really good). The break at 0:48 is really nice too. Everything sit well togheter. I'm not sure of the reverb on your Hi-Gtr in the chorus. I think it's cover your mix too much. But it's the only thing that I didn't like in your mix.

I mixed this song too and I would be very happy to get your feedback on my mix too Smile

Keep it up! Good Job!
Dom
Thanks for your kind words Dom!
I tried different approaches for the breakdown part so this is the one I sticked to, glad you like it.
I like the big space on the Hi Guitars in the chorus, sort of Coldplay style Smile
I´m gonna listen to your mix as well and leave some feedback.
Regards, M`Ray

(14-12-2014, 06:57 AM)Marc Gosselin Wrote: Sweet lord.. Our mixes are kinda similar Wink

Good job.. slick mix !

I´m glad you like it Marc, thanks!
Gonna check your mix as well...
Cheers, M`Ray
Hi!

Powerful mix!
My first impressions: the delayed/reverbed melody guitar in the chorusses are imo too decoupled and could blend in better. Also the backing vocals are varying in loudness.

I also thought the overall sound is a bit cloudy, but after listening to my own mix I heard the same Smile. I think that has got to do with the medium quality tracks..

Overall, good attempt!

cheers!

(14-12-2014, 03:05 AM)M`Ray Wrote: Hello everyone,
I just recently discovered this site and first would like to express what a wonderful place this is!
My first contribution is this mix and I would be very happy to get some feedback from you nice people.
Cheers, M´Ray

(17-12-2014, 08:02 AM)ERJEE Wrote: Hi!

Powerful mix!
My first impressions: the delayed/reverbed melody guitar in the chorusses are imo too decoupled and could blend in better. Also the backing vocals are varying in loudness.

I also thought the overall sound is a bit cloudy, but after listening to my own mix I heard the same Smile. I think that has got to do with the medium quality tracks..

Overall, good attempt!

cheers!
Thanks for your comments ERJEE!
Looks like the verby guitar is just too much, you are the second to point that out. Will fix that in a revision, still collecting some more feedback.
Also agree on the part regarding the quality of the tracks, they are indeed challenging...Big Grin
M`Ray
Hi M.Ray
Nice mix, btw i spotted some little problems:
There's some rumbles in the low end, an when bass and kick collides are pretty obvious and unpleasant.
I Like the snare verb, nice choice, but some timer the snare sample (probably the Bendeth paramore one) transient is not really aligned with OH/natural snare and there are cancellations here and there.
The reverb sound i hear in choruses is distracting and too audible... this should be a lot behind guitar, think of it as a "pad".

I just fall in love on your kick/snare awesome power!

Great mix!
Drums sound great. Big and full.
The reverb is aggessive. Deffinately works for the most part.