Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil´s Words - my mix :)
hi friends, this is my mix version of this song, the mix was made in logic pro 9, I am a beginner and I spent a lot of time to do this Big Grin

I would like to know your views and comments, please

i replace the kick track

thank you for your time and for this website really helped me a lot

thanks Smile

(sorrysorry if my English is not very good Smile

.mp3    Devils Words - matt garcia mix .mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

You've captured some nice excitement here, which is good. The kick and snare seem underbalanced for me, though, and the latter could do with the sustain of an added sample -- there's precious little there on the raw recording, I realise! I like most of your guitar sounds, but you've allowed them to mask the lead vocals too much for me. Fundamentally the lead vocal is more important to this band than the guitars, I think, and if you agree with me then I'd smooth the guitars a bit to let more of those HF details to reach us from the singer. It might also help to reinstate some of the 400-800Hz midrange that seems to have been cut out as it stands.

I wonder whether the bass might also be a bit underplayed in the midrange too. It's fine on the big speakers, but really recedes on my Avantone, which always feels to me to be a cause for concern with anything chart-aimed.

Also, nice panning break at 2:03! Smile That really caught my ear.
hi mike, thank you so much for your opinnion, I've been thinking about your comment and and I'll try to make a new mix following your advice

i really understand the importance of the lead vocal in this song , and yes! the bass need more presence in the mid range (I think it is a problem of monitoring and acoustics in my room...I'm working on that too Smile )

about the sound of the guitars i forgot to say that i made some changes using the amp designer in logic pro But I always thought to keep the sound of the recording....

thanks again Smile bye!