Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EinarSnow mix
Hi! It's my first mix here, please comment, I need your opinion!

.mp3    Wall Of Death - Femme (EinarSnow mix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

Prepare To Die
Not bad. Cymbals are almost not there. Snare could come up. Love the kick in this. Guitars seem a bit cramped in the middle. Did you mean for the noise gate to cut off the guitars in the breakdown? Bass is lovely.
(09-12-2014, 07:30 AM)tman692 Wrote: Not bad. Cymbals are almost not there. Snare could come up. Love the kick in this. Guitars seem a bit cramped in the middle. Did you mean for the noise gate to cut off the guitars in the breakdown? Bass is lovely.

Thanks for advices!
Not really like the loud cymbals, so that maybe I did them too quiet. In guitars trying to make room for the vocals, and probably overdid.
In the breakdown I cut manually, because I think there is a nasty overtone.
Prepare To Die
(09-12-2014, 07:42 AM)EinarSnow Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 07:30 AM)tman692 Wrote: Not bad. Cymbals are almost not there. Snare could come up. Love the kick in this. Guitars seem a bit cramped in the middle. Did you mean for the noise gate to cut off the guitars in the breakdown? Bass is lovely.

Thanks for advices!
Not really like the loud cymbals, so that maybe I did them too quiet. In guitars trying to make room for the vocals, and probably overdid.
In the breakdown I cut manually, because I think there is a nasty overtone.

Right cause that part was bugging me too. If you listen to the bass soloed at the breakdown it stops right at the end of the last note for each bar. I was thinking that's probably what they guitars were trying to do but weren't muting properly. I may just leave it as is in the end. Not a huge deal.

Thanks for the reply.
Fixed snare and cymbals levels and added a bit of mid to guitars.

.mp3    Wall Of Death - Femme (EinarSnow mix ver2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

Prepare To Die