Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot_Blue
Patrick, I know what you mean about "doing it differently" today. I can't tell you how times I resurrected a song to re-mix it again and again.....it can drive you crazy. As I previously said, I think your mix of "A Reason To Leave" is great. As for multing and automation, the only thing I thought it could use was a more rock sounding snare during the rock parts. Other than that, it kicks butt!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Yeah, for the snare, nowadays I would probably use a different sample during the rock parts, where what I did was push the velocity to the max instead. I would at least try to layer another snare. But I usually don't get back to a mix after that much time. At one point you have to stop fiddling, otherwise you get crazy and there's a fair chance you won't make things any better anyway. I much prefer working on new songs! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(09-12-2014, 06:06 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Yeah, for the snare, nowadays I would probably use a different sample during the rock parts, where what I did was push the velocity to the max instead. I would at least try to layer another snare. But I usually don't get back to a mix after that much time. At one point you have to stop fiddling, otherwise you get crazy and there's a fair chance you won't make things any better anyway. I much prefer working on new songs! Smile

Ditto to everything you just said. :-) ttyl

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek