Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who I Am Mix
(08-01-2014, 10:23 AM)ERJEE Wrote: I 'de-loud' the tracks a bit, check mix 2c. Smile

Think it suits better indeed.

Indeed it does! Sounds great! Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Thanks!

I made it even less loud by basically minimizing compression, check MIX3.

I really think this makes it more relaxed to listen to.
Great to get good feedback and try mixing from other perspectives!

Cheers!

(09-01-2014, 09:36 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 10:23 AM)ERJEE Wrote: I 'de-loud' the tracks a bit, check mix 2c. Smile

Think it suits better indeed.

Indeed it does! Sounds great! Smile

(12-01-2014, 12:55 PM)ERJEE Wrote: I made it even less loud by basically minimizing compression, check MIX3.

It does indeed! Also, the expanded dynamic range lets me pick out a couple of minor flaws that didn't show up in the more compressed versions. Both of these are EXTREMELY minor and easy to fix. Wink

First, I feel the vocals are just a tad too out front; I'd pull them back just 1 dB. Pull the backing vocals back with them because right now the balance between them and the lead is PERFECT to my ears. It's my favorite part of the mix, actually, how you've got that backing vocal and lead vocal working together so seamlessly. Wink

My only other issue (and this is more my personal preference than an actual problem so feel free to ignore this one if you don't agree) I'd like to hear a little more fullness to the bass; think you could boost the low end around 80 Hz just a dB or two? Smile

Even as it currently stands, though, I think this mix is Exhibit A in how one can create an effective mix without all that squeezing and processing, and a good demonstration of how the natural dynamics of a recording carry its power and emotion. Well done! Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Vocals are put but down a bit, my final mix 3b Smile

Cheers!

(12-01-2014, 08:17 PM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 12:55 PM)ERJEE Wrote: I made it even less loud by basically minimizing compression, check MIX3.

It does indeed! Also, the expanded dynamic range lets me pick out a couple of minor flaws that didn't show up in the more compressed versions. Both of these are EXTREMELY minor and easy to fix. Wink

First, I feel the vocals are just a tad too out front; I'd pull them back just 1 dB. Pull the backing vocals back with them because right now the balance between them and the lead is PERFECT to my ears. It's my favorite part of the mix, actually, how you've got that backing vocal and lead vocal working together so seamlessly. Wink

My only other issue (and this is more my personal preference than an actual problem so feel free to ignore this one if you don't agree) I'd like to hear a little more fullness to the bass; think you could boost the low end around 80 Hz just a dB or two? Smile

Even as it currently stands, though, I think this mix is Exhibit A in how one can create an effective mix without all that squeezing and processing, and a good demonstration of how the natural dynamics of a recording carry its power and emotion. Well done! Smile