Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of the Complainiacs "Etc."
Greetings! What a fantastic website! I am so happy to have found such a valuable place to practice mixing. Here is my mix of The Complainiacs "Etc."....

.mp3    the Complainiacs - Etcetera 4.mp3 --  (Download: 2 MB)

The balance is a little off.

The kick drum sounds disconnected from the rest of the drum kits and the mix too, some hits sound too loud and some gets lost (maybe a compressor in the chain is pumping too much).

Guitars sound too midrangey, they lack some meat in the low mids.

Voice sounds too distant almost all the instruments sounds more upfront than the voice.

Snare gets lost and masked a lot by the midrange in the guitars
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(12-12-2014, 04:08 AM)jeremias666 Wrote: The balance is a little off.

The kick drum sounds disconnected from the rest of the drum kits and the mix too, some hits sound too loud and some gets lost (maybe a compressor in the chain is pumping too much).

Guitars sound too midrangey, they lack some meat in the low mids.

Voice sounds too distant almost all the instruments sounds more upfront than the voice.

Snare gets lost and masked a lot by the midrange in the guitars

jeremias666, thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. Much appreciated.

1. First and foremost, I gain staged every track to -18db

3. Remixed the drums, paying attention to the snare and kick.

4. I doubled up the guitars to fatten them up. Also i notched one guitar up around 400 Hz +3db, ad notched out another -3db at 400 Hz.

5. Gave the vocals some compression, as well as gave them some more volume. Then i panned them a little to the left, for the snare.

Thanks again!

.mp3    %22Etc.%22 - Complainiacs.mp3 --  (Download: 2.19 MB)