Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Childress "Slow Down"TC Mix
I'm feeling way to good about my mix. Maybe I should be humbled? Great tracks. I want the lead singer to have my children she is so amazing. If not that then I'll adopt the whole band!Smile

In all honesty even though the tracks bleed a lot they sound incredible.

I wanted the mix to pop. Hopefully it doesn't pop too much or sound too compressed. I used very gentle compression after the EQ with which I aimed for harder sounding sounds, so really no compression on the main stereo buss.

Thanks for the listen and any comments. Big Grin

TC

.mp3    SLow Down TCMix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.23 MB)

Hi!

Good overall balance!
In my opinion the snare/toms has too much smack/pop ( back-down transients?). I also miss low end (more 100Hz in bass?), this makes the mix sometimes a bit harsh on the highs.

Cheers!

(01-12-2014, 07:20 PM)TChianit Wrote: I'm feeling way to good about my mix. Maybe I should be humbled? Great tracks. I want the lead singer to have my children she is so amazing. If not that then I'll adopt the whole band!Smile

In all honesty even though the tracks bleed a lot they sound incredible.

I wanted the mix to pop. Hopefully it doesn't pop too much or sound too compressed. I used very gentle compression after the EQ with which I aimed for harder sounding sounds, so really no compression on the main stereo buss.

Thanks for the listen and any comments. Big Grin

TC

Truth be told, I figured by over-emphasizing the impact of most of the sounds I was going to loose bottom. But I made my bed.....

I did a lot of experimenting with this track because I liked it so much.
I will revisit the mix after a little break and try to keep some of the impacts but get me that there big bottom solid and tight the way it should be.
Still, not bad for just a little over four hours to mix and do all the transfers from comp to analog board to Audient mic pres' then into a mini-me and then into my DAT back into the computer into Harrison's MixBuss DAW and any more and I will fall down.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.
Hope to return the favor if you have a mix of this song up.

Smile

TC

[quote='ERJEE' pid='25362' dateline='1417465993']
Hi!

Good overall balance!
In my opinion the snare/toms has too much smack/pop ( back-down transients?). I also miss low end (more 100Hz in bass?), this makes the mix sometimes a bit harsh on the highs.

Cheers!

I agree with ERJEE about the snare especially, it's too biting.
Other than that, I quite like the ambience, the vocals sounds like it's sitting well with the rest of the band and bgvs in particular.
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
drums sound strange to me....a bit like hitting beach balls....especially noticeable around 0'25s...not sure if this is EQ or compression or both.

I think the other elements in the mix sound ok,and at times there is a nice groove going, but with the drums slightly awol its difficult to tell for sure