Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges - Valcrave Mix
Here's my mix for this song, great tune. No mastering/post mix down edits used. Any feedback welcome.

Cheers

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Very good pre-master mix. I think the lead vox are a bit loud and super dry; they're very direct. Maybe add some low and long reverb as well as a little stereo delay. Would love to hear your mastered version of this.
(10-12-2014, 10:09 PM)JustinDube Wrote: Very good pre-master mix. I think the lead vox are a bit loud and super dry; they're very direct. Maybe add some low and long reverb as well as a little stereo delay. Would love to hear your mastered version of this.

Appreciate the feedback Justin, just seen this after the xmas break, so not have a chance to look at it.

Yeah, I do tend to like my reverbs pretty quiet/transparent(it's not dry in this but I'd say listening back its almost in-audible, could do with some automation on it).

Also with the track it reminded me of Firewind quite a lot, so went for something along those lines... some of that bands tracks I found the vocals quite prominent in the mix, not sure if its the power metal genre in general, but it seems to be quite common (EDIT: Having another listen and the vox is quite a bit lower than my initial impressions, also I think I'll bring back some of the lower/low-mid frequencies, all a bit trebly atm). I could definitely bring them down a bit though.

Thanks a lot.

Hi ya all,

Well made some changes, added some delay and reverbs. Also included a quick Master version (if you wanted a listen).

Cheers
Smile

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning BridgesMx2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning BridgesMASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)