Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MerryGold - Motherload
Hey guys, here is my first mix upload for this site. I Love that there is a resource like this helping us hone our art form. I love critical feedback, so please don't hold back on your thoughts and feedback on my mix.

.mp3    MerryGold - Motherload.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

Here's my views: -
Guitar intro has a clicking sound (bracelet or pick noise?) in it that is quite obvious. In my mix I tried to hide this in the first few bars.
Nice job on the background vocals ... this was a real challenge as the BGV track was pretty awful.
Overall sound is heavy in the mid range frequency.
Seems to be a lot of room sound in the mix, which can messy up the overall sound and takes away clarity and punch.
Bass seems to come and go, which may be a compression issue, or may be due to the volume of the room mics.
Lead guitar break gets lost behind. It's a nice sounding lead break and should be featured.
My general comment is that the overall sound is a little bit 'messy'.
Maybe focus on definition and clarity as the foundation. That's my 2 cents worth ...

yes thanks, this gives me a good amount of things to re-visit in my session. Its does seem full of mid range so I think that needs targeting first, and I guess thats what may be causing it to be messy. I have not automated levels too much, which I could do more of and it might help clear space with some of the elements. I haven't compressed the bass too much, its only touching, so i might have to go through and see what is causing the problem there. Thanks very much for the feedback.