Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino On The Loose's_Queen's Light
O.K. This was highly challenging and I wound up doing a lot of extra things I wasn't intending.

Some details: Cubase 5 in the box mix. Wound up taking some of Mike's suggestions such as adding crashes to replace the ones that were there. I wound up going much further than that though. Used a bunch of plugins throughout.....usual stuff, eq, compression, expander, delay, reverb (Steinberg's convolution reverb, which I love). So, here it is. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for listening.

Tom

UPDATE: THIS IS A LATER AND FINAL VERSION THAN WAS ORIGINALLY UPLOADED. See discussion below. Tom

.mp3    Queen\'s Light_version9.mp3 --  (Download: 11.38 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
nice balance man very very good mix/master you could make it a littel louder in the master face but thats is not very important hahaha,oh and you could use some gate in the toms to make them punchier, thats all i can think of, nice work!!!
(01-12-2014, 07:36 PM)enrriquelow Wrote: nice balance man very very good mix/master you could make it a littel louder in the master face but thats is not very important hahaha,oh and you could use some gate in the toms to make them punchier, thats all i can think of, nice work!!!

Thanks for your input and feedback. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the compliments. And, I'm taking your advice and I uploaded a new mix. Tom (see my message below)

UPDATE: 12/1/2014

The mix above is a newer mix taking some of your suggestions (enrriquelow's suggestions above) and running with them. It's nice and loud now, which I love of course since I've no doubt lost some of my hearing during those many years of playing in rock bands with the drummer crashing symbals in my ears all night....LOL! Let me know what you think of THIS new mix. Tom