Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wall Of Death - Femme Pro Mix
I finally got around to mixing this song. I always wanted to post a thread for this one. A lot of my sound-shaping is solely done on Multiband Compression, a little EQ, and regular compression for side-chaining things, like sending the Kick signal to the bass guitar compressor to lessen the fighting of bass freq's. Let me know what you think of this mix.

.mp3    Wall Of Death - Femme.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Nice work man!
(27-11-2014, 02:06 AM)Eman Wrote: I finally got around to mixing this song. I always wanted to post a thread for this one. A lot of my sound-shaping is solely done on Multiband Compression, a little EQ, and regular compression for side-chaining things, like sending the Kick signal to the bass guitar compressor to lessen the fighting of bass freq's. Let me know what you think of this mix.
Yep works for me, couple of thoughts, too much going on in the lower mids maybe and don't know if you put verb on the gtrs but think they get a little indistinct at times, but so what, it's rocking. Good stuff.
Thanks for the feedback! I tried to model this mix off of another band's mix that I like a lot. After a few days from listening to this, I came back and realized the same thing, that the low mids do get cluttered at times. It might be from the toms or bass possibly, but I might be able to put a filter on those specific low-mid frequencies to try to calm it down possibly.
It's a good mix so far.

Here are just a few tips from me:
- The snare has a nasty resonating frequency and sounds metallic. Maybe a cut in the 1 k region helps.
- The vocals need a clean up. Notch around 500 hz.
- For my taste the low end of yout mix is too much.

Hope that helps.

J.D.
Love this song and the structuring it has.

Here is my opinions on the mix.

The balance is great and leveled well, however the bass is just a bit too much. I think it's the bass guitar tone is really bassy. Everything else is balanced pretty good.

Also try adding some top end to the drum mix and the vocals. And then on your master fader, add an EQ with a tasteful boost in 8khz.

This is very close, though.