Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FR Burning Bridges mix
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here, I hope you like the mix. Critics will be appreciated.

.mp3    T007.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Liking the definition of the toms and kick and the guitars are powerful as well. Does something odd happen at around 0:48 though? Not sure if a balance issue/timing with tom and/or cymbal hit? Also maybe bring the main lead vocals up a bit, it gets a little lost behind the wall of instruments. In my opinion the vocals are pretty important in this track... reminiscent of Power Metal where usually lead vocals seem to sit above rather than lower in the mix... Good job.
(01-12-2014, 02:24 AM)Valcrave Wrote: Liking the definition of the toms and kick and the guitars are powerful as well. Does something odd happen at around 0:48 though? Not sure if a balance issue/timing with tom and/or cymbal hit? Also maybe bring the main lead vocals up a bit, it gets a little lost behind the wall of instruments. In my opinion the vocals are pretty important in this track... reminiscent of Power Metal where usually lead vocals seem to sit above rather than lower in the mix... Good job.

Thanks for the feedback Smile. Yeah, I guess at some point I tried to fix the low volume of the floor tom + snare fill the drummer does at that time, but it went really bad and I forgot to fix it. I also agree about the vocals. I think I focused too much on the instrumental.

I fixed that issue at 0:48, the vocals and did some work on the bass track too, I think it was a bit weak in that first mix.

Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate it Big Grin.
Very good mix! I agree about bringing the bulk of the lead vox up a decibel or two. Very nice attack definition on each drum!