Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise Up Singing - My Mix
Here's my take on this Jackie Greene tune. Great song - Wish he'd done a B3 instead of the piano like he did when he recoded the song with Trigger Hippy. Oh well...

Feedback appreciated.

.mp3    Rise Up Singing (112214).mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

Wherever you go...there you are
Hey simman,

overall really balanced mix, but i miss a touch of room/space in your mix. When i mix my songs, i try to imagine that i'm staying in a great huge room and the band is playing live in front of me. But i guess thats the reason why im looking for room in mixes, very often.

The vocals could be a bit more shiny.

I hope that feedback is okay.

Cheers Eric (P.s. take a listen to the mix i did. I would appreciate any feedback)
(23-11-2014, 05:14 AM)simman Wrote: Here's my take on this Jackie Greene tune. Great song - Wish he'd done a B3 instead of the piano like he did when he recoded the song with Trigger Hippy. Oh well...

Feedback appreciated.

Overall, a nice mix going on. I seem to feel the kick, more than hearing it. It's a different approach than a puncy kick that I went for in my mix. There seems to be a little too much 500Hz, there about, in the vocals. I think the vocals would fit better in the mix, if you cut some of that out. However, that could be my personal preference:)
(16-02-2015, 09:50 AM)Stickman Wrote: Hey simman,

overall really balanced mix, but i miss a touch of room/space in your mix. When i mix my songs, i try to imagine that i'm staying in a great huge room and the band is playing live in front of me. But i guess thats the reason why im looking for room in mixes, very often.

The vocals could be a bit more shiny.

I hope that feedback is okay.

Cheers Eric (P.s. take a listen to the mix i did. I would appreciate any feedback)

Greatly appreciate the feedback. Haven't listened to this for a while but after going back to it I would agree that the mix could use a bit more space.
(04-04-2015, 01:30 PM)stevenroberts Wrote:
(23-11-2014, 05:14 AM)simman Wrote: Here's my take on this Jackie Greene tune. Great song - Wish he'd done a B3 instead of the piano like he did when he recoded the song with Trigger Hippy. Oh well...

Feedback appreciated.

Overall, a nice mix going on. I seem to feel the kick, more than hearing it. It's a different approach than a puncy kick that I went for in my mix. There seems to be a little too much 500Hz, there about, in the vocals. I think the vocals would fit better in the mix, if you cut some of that out. However, that could be my personal preferenceSmile

Yeah the kick could pop more for sure. Thanks for taking the time to listen
Bass is awesome, but I cannoz hear the kick (I hear only the deepest things of it, try putting more 6k )
(11-04-2015, 05:18 PM)Obelix Wrote: Bass is awesome, but I cannoz hear the kick (I hear only the deepest things of it, try putting more 6k )

Hey thanks for listening. I actually forgot about this tune Confused . After going back an listening myself there are definitely things that I think need to be tweaked; the kick is certainly one of them. I have to say I like the sound of the bass as well.

Thanks again
Ok here's take 2 based on the feedback. I lost the original project file Blush so this is really a completely new mix. Comments always welcome

.mp3    RIse Up Singing (TK 2 Mastered).mp3 --  (Download: 9.38 MB)