Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Actions - Devil's Words kapu mix
My efforts.

.m4a    actions_-_devils_words_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

.m4a    actions-__devil_s_words__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

Great mix. Nice clear drums and good sound on the guitars! Smile
(25-11-2014, 05:56 AM)FXOjafar Wrote: Great mix. [...]

Thanks. Sorry for the delay.

Added also a new mix. ^_^
Well that was in my face Big Grin
It just sounds like the singer is standing behind the drums. I really think you could push her two steps further to the listener and still maintain the kapu sound Smile

Once more, very stylish!
(28-01-2018, 03:58 PM)HVLTN Wrote: Well that was in my face Big Grin [...]

Thanks for listening! If I remember correctly I had some troubles with the vocal sound at the 'source' level. It's like she is holding back to begin with in comparison with the rest of the band. Listening now, maybe slightly brighter overall vocal tone would probably make it more intelligible. ^_^
Hi kapu,

The mix definitely has energy and punch, and it's better balanced that it seems. There's just a couple things that stand out to me:

The combination of ultra defined, very hyped up on the highs drums with that huge reverb behind them. It's a cool effect to add depth but I think it makes the song suffer as a whole. When the drums bang along the rest of the instruments, the reverb kinda merges with the rest of the stuff, and the transients come up very much in the high end, too much for my taste. Probably more suited for more extreme music styles with thicker walls of guitars.

I like the mixes when the voice is just a little buried, but it needs a bit of automation to help it "surf above" the different parts of the song. Alternatively, try adding a copy of the voice an octave lower in the busiest parts (really subtle, like 15-20 db below the main).
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(03-02-2018, 02:16 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi kapu, [...]

Thanks for valuable feedback! I don't think I have the project file anymore, so I can't make or test any changes. ^_^