Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Femme - HB Mix
A bit out of my comfort zone this one.....feel free to bash it it to pieces.

.mp3    Femme_HB Mix_01_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

Hello!! I cannot hear your kick like it is muted. The snare and toms are a little harsh and thin. Your bass is very muddy. I think you can do much more than this!! I expect more from you!! Smile
Hey Andreas....how's it going? Thanks for your feedback and encouragement......I had a rough mix with much more kick but killed off the level as I thought it was sounding too Rock....that's my real problem with metal....i have no idea how it should sound....its seems so sub genre specific....harsh guitars sometimes....mid scooped guitars other times.

I may give it one more go once my ears cool down and just mix it how I like it....which is the way i usually mix....unless I'm mixing metal
Hello, I am doing fine, thanks for asking!! To my opinion there is no standard about how to mix a specific style of music. The best thing you can do is trust your imagination and your ears. There are some standards for mixing for every style of music and every instrument needs a different treatment. That's what I believe and that's how i mix! Wink