Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Attempt @ "Good Time"
Here's my interpretation of Good Time by Louis Cressy.

.mp3    Louis Creesy.mp3 --  (Download: 6.74 MB)

Vocal needs some more de-essing.
Interesting kick drum replacement. Compression is in need of adjustment. Too much audible breathing for me.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-02-2015, 03:06 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Interesting kick drum replacement. Compression is in need of adjustment. Too much audible breathing for me.

Same kick just eq.
Nice sounding mix - all the individual elements sound very cool.

However, I think the kick drum is a little out of proportion with the rest of the drum kit - it actually seems to be the loudest element in the track overall & it is taking up a lot of space, frequency wise. The kick is triggering the mixbuss compression & causing the whole mix to "pump" a bit like a dance track (not as overtly, though)... I think that might have been what Mixinthecloud was referring to.

Generally though, some great sounds in the mix - nice one!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(10-02-2015, 10:40 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Nice sounding mix - all the individual elements sound very cool.

However, I think the kick drum is a little out of proportion with the rest of the drum kit - it actually seems to be the loudest element in the track overall & it is taking up a lot of space, frequency wise. The kick is triggering the mixbuss compression & causing the whole mix to "pump" a bit like a dance track (not as overtly, though)... I think that might have been what Mixinthecloud was referring to.

Generally though, some great sounds in the mix - nice one!

I started off as a hip hop producer/engineer so thats where the big kick comes from. I also love big aggressive Nashville records that have movement to them. It's a sub conscious decision probably since I've loved hearing music like that for as long as I can remember. Thank you as well.